Corporate Responsibility – governance and implementation
Incorporation in the strategy
The Group Communications & Responsibility division (GCR) is responsible for the implementation of the CR strategy.See
Responsibility of the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors approves the long-term CR strategy. It acknowledged this governance report and the long-term CR targets for 2020 and approved the strategic priorities. It also acknowledges the targets for the following year in December. The Board of Directors is informed in quarterly reports on the implementation status of the CR strategy and the achievement of targets. It also decides whether the scope of the CR strategy should be expanded – for example to include domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
Responsibility of the Group Executive Board
- Weekly reports prepared by Group Communications & Responsibility, with information on measures and the project status
- Quarterly reports, with information on the key performance indicators based on the priorities of the CR strategy
- Quarterly reports drawn up by Risk Management
- Overall management: Head of Group Communications & Responsibility
- Energy efficiency and climate protection: Head of IT Networking & Infrastructure and Head of Group Business Steering (CFO) of Swisscom Ltd
- Work and life: Head of Products & Marketing and Head of Enterprise Customers
- Media skills: Head of Products & Marketing
- Attractive employer: Head of Group Human Resources
- Fair supply chain: Head of Group Business Steering (CFO)
- Networked Switzerland: Head of IT, Network & Infrastructure
These areas of responsibility ensure that the priority areas are binding and firmly embedded in the company.
Role of Group Communications & Responsibility
- Drawing up the CR strategy (goals/priorities) in conjunction with line and support units
- Supporting the sponsors from the Group Executive Board
- Coordinating the implementation of the strategy and the initiation of measures
- Formulating the requirements for the implementation of the CR strategy
- Engaging in dialogue with stakeholder groups
- Engaging in dialogue with strategic partners (including NGOs)
- Reporting to internal and external stakeholder groups
- Liaising with the Group Business Steering division for the purpose of sustainability reporting and drawing up the Annual Report
Line units and the Corporate Responsibility network
Depending on the strategic priority in question, CR measures are implemented either by project teams or line units. Additional management members are also designated in each division and these persons are responsible for engaging with the measures at an operational level in close collaboration with the CR team. An event is held at least once a year for all of the members of the CR network for the purpose of exchanging information and exploring new issues.
Members of the Group Executive Board and their responsibilities
The diagram below illustrates the role of members of the Group Executive Board and the Management Board in providing support and advice to the line units.