Reporting: procedure and organisation
- Customers: Surveys on topics including customer satisfaction (see page 34 of the Annual Report).
- Shareholders and external investors: Discussions on financial topics (revenue, dividends, etc.) at the Annual General Meeting on 4 April 2017 or at roadshows (Financial Report). Swisscom also had contact with SRI fund managers or investors, e.g. in relation to governance topics or finance issues (“green bonds”).
- Public authorities: Contact with municipal authorities regarding the topic of antennas and transmitter stations (140 dialogues in 2017; can be found in the section on work and life on page 41 of the Sustainability Report), with cantonal authorities (once each per canton) and with members of parliament (twice a year) on topics such as roaming, the FTTH rollout and the ICT environment.
- Suppliers: Swisscom maintained commercial contacts with its suppliers and had further contacts as part of the self-assessment and audits (can be found in the section “Fair supply chain” in the Sustainability Report).
- Employees and employee representation: Swisscom met once a month with the trade unions and with the ten employee representations to discuss various topics, as laid down in the collective employment agreement (CEA). There are also two general meetings every year. Ad-hoc meetings are also held that are topic-specific and organised in accordance with the participation table in the CEA (explanations in the sections on employees in the Annual Report from page 28 and in the section on Swisscom as an attractive employer in the Sustainability Report from page 50).
- Partners and NGOs: Two “Leadership Dialogues” and exchange with partners within the framework of individual projects.
The reporting process comprises preparation of the Annual Report and the Sustainability Report. Both reports are subject to the same internal validation stages and are validated by the Disclosure, Review and Audit Committees to ensure the quality of the disclosures. The Sustainability Report is also verified externally.