Reporting: procedure and organisation
- Customers: surveys on topics including customer satisfaction (Annual Report, page 35).
- Shareholders and external investors: discussions on financial topics (revenue, dividends, etc.) at the Annual General Meeting on 6 April 2018 or at road shows (Financial Report). Swisscom also had contact with SRI fund managers or investors, e.g. in relation to governance topics or finance issues (“green bonds”).
- Public authorities: dialogue with municipal authorities regarding the topic of antennas and transmitter stations (2018: 300 dialogues; see Sustainability Report, page 45), with cantonal authorities (once each per canton) and with members of parliament (twice a year) on topics such as roaming, the FTTH roll-out and the ICT environment.
- Suppliers: Swisscom maintains commercial relationships with its suppliers and further contacts within the framework of self-assessments and audits (see the section “Fair supply chain” in the Sustainability Report).
- Employees and Employee Committees: Swisscom meets once a month with the trade unions and the seven employee committees to discuss various topics, as laid down in the collective employment agreement (CEA) or stipulated in the Co-Determination Act. There are also two plenary meetings of the employee committees every year. Topic-specific ad-hoc meetings are also held that are organised in accordance with the participation table in the CEA (see the Annual Report, page 27 and the Sustainability Report, page 76).
- Partners and NGOs: two “leadership dialogues” and an exchange with partners within the framework of individual projects took place within the year under review.
The reporting process comprises the company brochure, the Annual Report, the Sustainability Report and the Climate Report. The Annual Report and the Sustainability Report are subject to the same internal validation stages and are validated by the Disclosure, Review and Audit Committees to ensure the quality of the disclosures. The Sustainability Report and the Climate Report are also verified externally.