Support for refugees from Ukraine
Russia’s attack on Ukraine has triggered an enormous wave of solidarity throughout the Swiss population. We took the following measures:
- Together with our employees, we donated 250,000 Swiss francs on the occasion of Swiss Solidarity’s national collection day.
- We waived all roaming charges for the costs of calls from Switzerland to Ukraine and roaming costs incurred in Ukraine in March 2022.
- In a special Mobile Aid collection campaign, around 24,000 smartphones were donated by our customers. The proceeds were doubled by Swisscom and donated in full to an SOS Children’s Village in Ukraine.
- Refugees from Ukraine with residence status S could obtain a Swisscom SIM card free of charge at any Swisscom shop. The subscription costs were waived for them until 2022.
- We have added the Diaspora TV channel to blue TV. The Diaspora TV channel has been informing Ukrainians about life in Switzerland in their native language since March 2022. More Ukrainian channels are available on blue TV.
- And finally, we have helped various federal asylum centres with our ICT services (Internet Access) quickly and without complications.